We took a recipe out of our own holiday shop to make these delicious, spice-filled gingerbread cookies! You’ll love the healthy alternatives (like coconut sugar, almond butter, and coconut oil) that we’ve added to make them a LITTLE bit healthier but still REALLY yummy. Happy holiday baking!
Essential Oil-Infused Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 drops Améo Ginger Essential Oil
- 2 drops Améo Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops Améo Clove Essential Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. In a small bowl make the flax eggs by adding 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 6 Tbsp of water. Whisk the flax meal and water together. Let sit for 5 minutes to let mixture gel.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the almond butter, coconut oil, molasses, and coconut sugar until smooth.
4. Next add in the flax eggs, vanilla, and essential oils and mix till smooth.
5. In a separate bowl whisk the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to combine. Then add to the main mixing bowl and mix till smooth.
6. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
7. Use a spoon to form cookies about 2-2 1/2″ in diameter. Press cookies down to about 1/4″ thickness.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cooked through and puffed.
9. Let cool for at least 5 minutes on the cooking sheet then move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Then enjoy!