Happy Halloween! These sweet little Homemade Halloween Suckers still bring the sweet but with some minor, healthier adjustments. The citrusy flavor is natural and delicious—perfect to replace some of your trick-or-treating favs.
Homemade Halloween Suckers
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3-5 drops Orange, Tangerine, or Lemon Essential Oil
- 12 sucker sticks (less or more, depending on sucker mold size)
- Over medium heat, stir the honey, water, and coconut sugar together.
- Once the sugar dissolves into the mixture, place a candy or caramel thermometer in the pan and bring ingredients to boil.
- While boiling, prepare the sucker molds with non-stick spray and lay out sucker sticks.
- Mixture should boil until the temperature reaches 295° F.
- Right away, pour the mixture into a heat-resistant measuring cup.
- Mix in desired essential oil.
- Pour mixture into candy molds.
- Immediately twist sucker sticks ensuring they are fully coated.
- Let the mixture harden (at least 30 minutes) and enjoy!