You probably know that most of the earth is covered by water. But, did you know that only 2.5% of that water is safe to drink? Yeah, that’s a scary fact. What’s worse is of that 2.5%, only 1% is easily accessible and being used. But, even then, that 1% is still highly contaminated. Many parts of the world rely on bottled water that has been filtered and put into plastic bottles which can leak BPAs and other harmful substances into the water. Many cities use chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals in water which over a long period of time can create toxicity in the body. Water is meant to flush toxins, not put more toxins in the body!
The body is made of about 70% water. Certain organs like the brain, liver, and kidneys are made up of 75% or more of water. So, it goes without saying, that hydration is essential to a healthy lifestyle, but more importantly, quality hydration. This is why many of us look to water purifiers to obtain the safest and highest quality water to keep our body’s running optimally.
People with high-end water purification systems, try some of the below tips to ensure you you get the quality hydration you need this summer:
- Buy a nice thermos, glass, or BPA free bottle and have it with you. One of the main reasons that many of us don’t drink enough fluids is because we don’t carry water with us.
- Add some of your favorite mix-in-water products and freeze them for a delicious Popsicle to enjoy anytime.
- Make sure the water’s pH level is in the ideal range of 7-8. Our bodies naturally have a 7-8 pH level.
- Fill up a spare water tank or pitcher with a lid and store in your fridge for a cool drink.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtered water stays better longer especially at room temperature or warmer because biological contaminants have been removed.
- Infuse your water with washed fruit. Not only does it look appealing, but it tastes good too!