I can say no to a lot of things when it comes to the naughty foods out there—especially when I’m motivated to keep my healthy 2018 resolutions. Candy bars? I’ll pass. Ice cream? Delish, but not tempting enough (most of the time). Cake and frosting? No thanks. Chips? Now, that is next level weakness for me.
Just writing about the salty, crispy goodness is making my mouth water. I’m not saying the recipe below will be better than a big bag of potato chips, but from one chip fanatic to another, they’ll do. Plus, knowing they are good for you definitely helps reduce the void of chips I seem to always feel in my heart—and stomach. Try them out and switch up the seasoning (garlic salt, Cajun seasoning, different essential oils, etc.) to fit your flavor preference and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good these little guys are.
Améo Lemon Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of Kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 drops Améo Lemon Essential Oil (or more, depending on preference)
- 1 drop Améo Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix lemon essential oil and black pepper essential oil with coconut oil in a small glass bowl
- Coat kale with the oil mixture
- Place kale with the stem up (making a small, upside down v) on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle seasoned salt (or other preferred seasoning) over the kale pieces
- Bake for 10 minutes, until kale is crispy